Naturopathy (also referred to as Naturopathic medicine) is a holistic approach to health and wellness, with a key focus on the healing power of nature. The role of a naturopath is to identify the underlying or root cause of presenting ailments, and facilitate the body’s natural ability to heal itself with the aid of herbal medicines, nutritional support and lifestyle adaptations.
How can Naturopathy help?
Naturopathic medicine can support a range of acute and chronic conditions including:
- Digestive disorders — indigestion, reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, food allergies and intolerances
- Immune conditions — allergies, hay fever, asthma, colds and flu, bronchitis, frequent/recurrent infections
- Autoimmune conditions — coeliac disease, lupus/SLE, scleroderma, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune thyroid conditions, multiple sclerosis
- Skin conditions — acne, psoriasis, eczema/dermatitis, hives, persistent skin infections
- Fatigue — chronic fatigue syndrome, adrenal exhaustion, general lack of energy
- Mental health — stress management, mood disorders, depression, anxiety, sleep disorders
- Cardiovascular and metabolic disorders — high blood pressure, high cholesterol, poor circulation, varicose veins, obesity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, thyroid disorders
- Chronic pain and Inflammatory conditions — Chronic nerve pain, arthritis, joint pain and stiffness, gout, fibromyalgia
Another key aspect of Naturopathic medicine is preventative healthcare, so you don’t necessarily need to be unwell to see a Naturopath. Maybe you just want to fine tune your eating habits or learn how you can improve your level of wellbeing.
Total Health’s Naturopath, Sarah Woolner has completed extensive training in health science, nutrition and herbal medicine to obtain a BHSc (Naturopathy), and is a registered member of NHAA. Currently in Australia, Naturopathic medicine is transitioning towards a more evidence-based practice, that can be safely integrated with conventional medicine.
Health Fund rebates apply when you see our Naturopath
Health fund rebates may be available for Naturopathic consultations, depending on your level of private health cover. HICAPS facilities are available for on-the-spot rebate claims.
"Together, we can identify the underlying triggers and incorporate practical strategies to rebalance your immune system, so that you can better manage your allergy symptoms."