Total Health Brookvale Offers...
- Highly trained and Professional Staff
- Quality Service by practitioners that take the time to understands your needs
- Private Health fund approved treatments
- Hicaps for on the spot rebates
- Close proximity to Manly Vale and surrounding suburbs.
- Only minutes by car with On-Site parking for all Naturopathy clients
- Easy access by public transport from the Manly Vale area, only a few minutes walk from Warringah Mall
- Book appointments by phone 9907 3339 or Online. Click Here
BHSc (Naturopathy), BSc (Microbiology)
Our Naturopath here at Total health Brookvale, Sarah Woolner has completed extensive training in health science, Nutrition and Herbal Medicine to obtain a BHSc (Naturopathy), and is a registered member of NHAA. Currently in Australia, Naturopathic Medicine is transitioning towards a more evidence-based practice, that can be safely integrated with conventional medicine.
Sarah's professional qualification and level of experience as a Naturopath allow all Naturopathic Consultations to be eligible for Private Health Fund rebates. (depending on your level of private health cover). HICAPS facilities are available for on-the-spot rebate claims.
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a modality that takes a more natural approach to health and wellness, with a key focus on the healing power of nature. A Naturopath looks at the underlying cause of presenting symptoms, factors that are contributing to exacerbations and considers the whole person (physical, emotional, mental) when prescribing. Naturopathic treatments facilitate the body’s natural ability to heal itself with the aid of herbal medicines, nutritional support and lifestyle adaptations.
Naturopathy may support a range of acute and chronic conditions including:
- Digestive disorders — indigestion, reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, food allergies and intolerances
- Immune conditions — allergies, hay fever, asthma, colds and flu, bronchitis, frequent/recurrent infections
- Autoimmune conditions — coeliac disease, lupus/SLE, scleroderma, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune thyroid conditions, multiple sclerosis
- Skin conditions — acne, psoriasis, eczema/dermatitis, hives, persistent skin infections
- Fatigue — chronic fatigue syndrome, adrenal exhaustion, general lack of energy
- Mental health — stress management, mood disorders, depression, anxiety, sleep disorders
- Cardiovascular and metabolic disorders — high blood pressure, high cholesterol, poor circulation, varicose veins, obesity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, thyroid disorders
- Chronic pain and Inflammatory conditions — Chronic nerve pain, arthritis, joint pain and stiffness, gout, fibromyalgia
Naturopathy – What to expect…
Naturopathy is not a quick fix health solution, but more of a journey. For this reason, we suggest that all new clients start with the Initial Consultation Package, which includes three appointments — an initial, a clinical assessment and a review consultation.
During your consultations, we take the time to listen to your story. Recommendations and treatment plans are personally designed to support you in achieving your health goals.
On-going review consultations may be required and are scheduled based on your individual health needs.
This is the information gathering session. We will discuss your medical history and health concerns in detail and together we can establish what you would like to achieve and prioritise your health goals.
Clinical assessment consultation
At your second appointment, various aspects of your physical health are assessed including blood pressure and circulation, blood glucose levels, body composition analysis, waist-hip ratio, respiratory function, tongue and nail inspection and iris analysis.
In this session, we will review clinical findings and your health evaluation report. I will also provide you with a comprehensive treatment plan. Your treatment plan is designed specifically for your health needs and recommendations are always practical, sustainable and achievable.
Naturopathy Manly Vale - Naturopathic Tools and Treatments
Nutrition, food and healthy eating
Nutrition plays a vital role in health and wellbeing. Enjoying the food you eat is equally as important. Here at Total Health Brookvale, we believe that healthy eating is about variety, plenty of colour and deliciousness.
Herbal medicine is an important aspect of naturopathy, mostly because it allows for the creation of a personalised herbal formula. In creating your formula, herbs are selected that are specific for your health needs. Herbal medicine is as much an art as it is a science & will provide you with additional support to achieve your health goals.
Our lifestyle can greatly impact our health. As part of your treatment plan, your naturopath may recommend lifestyle adjustments. These may vary from modifying your sleeping patterns and increasing physical activity to switching skin care products or household cleaning products. Recommendations made are always practical, sustainable and specific to your health needs.
Naturopathy near Manly Vale – Preventative Healthcare
Another key aspect of naturopathic medicine is preventative healthcare, so you don’t necessarily need to be unwell to see a naturopath. Maybe you would like to fine tune your eating habits or learn how you can improve your level of wellbeing.
Only Minutes from Manly Vale, we are easily accessible by car or public transport. Making an appointment is done simply by calling our clinic or Booking On-Line today.
If you have any questions regarding Naturopathy and how you or your family can use Naturopathic medicine to improve health, please give us a call on 9907 3339. Our friendly staff are always happy to discuss any questions you may have.